Thursday, November 15, 2007
the Trek 4100
So here's where the Trek came from: some relatives found it abandoned by the side of the road while visiting the in-laws. They didn't want it apparently and left it at the in-laws for whoever. We were visiting the other day to help rake leaves and i saw it sitting in the garage. I asked "whose bike?" and my father-in-law said, "no one's. Do you know anybody who wants one?" So, yeah, we are looking for one for my wife. So i took the wheels off it and threw it in the trunk! I was thinking though, who would abandon a halfways decent mountain bike. It's more likely it was stolen and then abandoned when the thief either got cold feet or lost interest in it. So I called the local police dept but they said they don't have any way of tracking it down. Apparently they don't log serial numbers of stolen bikes. There's a national (unofficial) registry on the web but that bike is not on it. So I guess it's ours. We were praying for one but God has a way of giving something and then asking for it back just to test where your priorities are, I guess (check Abraham and Isaac).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment